Overture announces shared leadership team
The Overture Center Foundation Board has approved an executive shared leadership model with a six-member executive leadership team to guide the organization, according to a statement from Overture Center. The executive shared leadership team consists of the following members with new titles:
- Matt Beckler, chief information officer;
- Jacquie Goetz, chief operations officer;
- Emily Gruenewald, chief development and communications officer;
- Ed Holmes, Ph.D., chief equity and innovation officer;
- Tim Sauers, chief artistic experiences officer; and
- Chris Vogel, chief financial officer/chief business officer.
After the death of CEO/President Sandra Gajic in December 2019, the search for a replacement was begun and then suspended. In that interim, the current team assumed management responsibility of the entire organization, managing full operations with daily events through mid-March 2020 and the subsequent months of closure, reduced staff, and loss of earned revenue during the COVID-19 pandemic. The organization has since suspended the search indefinitely and adopted the shared executive shared leadership model that will work closely with the Overture Center Foundation Board.