October 2021 Court Filings
FILINGS FOR CIVIL MONEY JUDGMENTS & CLAIMS FOR LIENS
Dane County businesses and employers with total judgments or liens of $1,000 and greater as listed in the October 2021 issue of In Business magazine. Listings include debtor, city, amount, creditor, date, and type of case.
- 122 State Street Group LLC et al., Madison, $740,000, and $560,000, Park Bank, 8/12/2021 (CV)
- Alpha Electric LLC, Sun Prairie, $74,963, City Electric Supply Co., 8/25/2021 (CV)
- Alpha-Pro Painting & Remodeling LLC, Fitchburg, $10,460, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, 8/13/2021 (CV)
- As You Wish Painting LLC, Middleton, $3,298, DWD, 8/2/2021 (UC)
- Best Cleaners of Madison Inc., Verona, $1,805, DWD, 8/23/2021 (UC)
- Cottage Grove Property LLC, Cottage Grove, $1,175, Birrenkott Surveying Inc., 8/10/2021 (CL)
- Howard’s Goods LLC, Madison, $3,516, DWD, 8/9/2021 (UC)
- J & S Contractors LLC, Madison, $2,194, DWD, 8/25/2021 (UC)
- J & P Cleaning LLC, Madison, $5,209, DWD, 8/10/2021 (WC)
- Jim Herman Inc., Marshall, $800,000, Wisconsin Bank & Trust, 8/12/2021 (CV)
- Landscape Partners Inc., Middleton, $7,055, Keleny Top Soil Inc., 8/27/2021 (SC)
- Mad City Kleen LLC, Middleton, $22,021, DWD, 8/9/2021 (WC)
- Soth Best Nails LLC, Madison, $4,613, DWD, 8/23/2021 (UC)
(CL) Construction Lien: Claim on property for non-payment of work that improved the property.
(CV) Civil: Typically, lawsuits seeking claims in excess of $5,000; also such actions as restraining orders, appeals from municipal court and administrative agency decisions, name changes, etc.
(FJ) Foreign Judgment: A judgment or order of a court from a different state, a federal court outside Wisconsin, a municipal court of another county, or a tribal court; treated as if ordered by a Wis. circuit court.
(SC) Small Claims: Lawsuits seeking claims of less than $10,000, evictions, and replevin actions (the repossession of property).
(TJ) Transcript of Judgment: Judgment or order from another Wis. circuit court, a Wis. appellate court, a federal court in Wis., or a municipal court in that county; treated as if ordered by the circuit court in the county where it’s filed.
(UC) Unemployment Compensation: Warrant issued by Wis. DWD for an employer’s failure to pay contributions, interest, or fees. Warrant has the same effect as a judgment granted by a court.
(WC) Workers Compensation: Award issued by the Wis. DWD. This award has the same effect as a judgment granted by a court.