Nursing home fire extinguished before MFD arrival, not believed suspicious  

According to an incident report from the Madison Fire Department (MFD), an alarm at Belmont Nursing Home & Rehab Center on 110 Belmont Road alerted staff to a fire in the facility’s linen room. A staff member described to firefighters that fire was “dripping” from a ceiling light fan fixture onto a linen shelf and floor below. 

A staff member and maintenance worker were able to extinguish the fire prior to Ladder Co. 1’s arrival. 

Staff directed firefighters to the affected area. Occupants sheltered in place with their doors closed as firefighters inspected the linen room.  

MFD remained on scene to confirm there were no other hot spots and no further fire spread. The fire is not believed to be suspicious.