Nonprofit Project Hero announces 2023 Great Lakes Challenge this August
According to a recent press release, the 2023 Great Lakes Challenge will take place this year from Aug. 20–26. The challenge is a multiday event within the Ride 2 Recovery Cycling program from nonprofit Project Hero, which works to provide hope, recovery, and resilience to injured veterans and first responders.
Riders will travel from Minneapolis to Madison, with scheduled daily routes that cover:
- Minneapolis to Red Wing on Monday, Aug. 21;
- Red Wing to Rochester on Tuesday, Aug. 22;
- Rochester to La Cross on Wednesday, Aug. 23;
- La Cross to Reedsburg on Thursday, Aug. 24;
- Reedsburg to Madison on Friday, Aug. 25; and
- Madison on Aug. 26.
Event registration, volunteer opportunities, and additional information is available online.