MATC partners with Ho-Chunk Nation to help Afghan refugees
Madison Area Technical College announced it has partnered with the Ho-Chunk Nation to collect personal items to help Afghan refugees who have been relocated to Wisconsin. The college is hosting a drive-thru donation event on Friday, Sept. 17, from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m., at 1705 Hoffman St. on the Truax Campus. Donated items may also be dropped off at from now until Sept. 17 at the following Madison College locations:
- Commercial Ave. Campus – 2125 Commercial Ave.;
- Goodman South Campus – 2429 Perry St.;
- Truax Campus – 1701 Wright St., Room C1430;
- Fort Atkinson Campus – 827 Banker Road;
- Watertown Campus –1300 W. Main St.;
- Portage Campus – 330 W. Collins St.; and
- Reedsburg Campus – 300 Alexander Ave.
New items requested include:
- Clothing and footwear (all sizes);
- Personal hygiene items;
- Backpacks and luggage; and
- Baby items.