March 2018 Court Filings
From the pages of In Business magazine.
Filings for Civil Money Judgments & Claims for Liens
Dane County businesses and employers with total judgments or liens of $1,000 and greater as listed in the March 2018 issue of In Business magazine. Listings include debtor, city, amount, creditor, date, and type of case.
- Auto-Owners Insurance Co., Madison, $9,109, American Family Mutual Insurance Co. S.I., 1/29/18 (SC)
- Krause Custom Woodworks LLC, Sun Prairie, $5,246, Boehm-Madisen Lumber Co., 1/17/18 (TJ)
- Numen Ward Inc., Verona, $1,076, DWD, 1/26/18 (UC)
- Prairie Learning Academy LLC, Sun Prairie, $8,013, PLS Financial Solutions of Wisconsin Inc., 1/18/18 (SC)
- Serenity Child and Family Mentoring LLC, Verona, $14,284, Associated Bank N.A., 1/25/18 (CV)
- Tarrant, Robert W., dba Robert Tarrant Plumbing, Stoughton, $21,074, First Supply LLC, 1/24/18 (CV)
- Tetra Pak Processing Equipment Inc., Windsor, $9,368, DWD, 1/17/18 (UC)
(CL) Construction Lien: Claim on property for non-payment of work that improved the property.
(CV) Civil: Typically, lawsuits seeking claims in excess of $5,000; also such actions as restraining orders, appeals from municipal court and administrative agency decisions, name changes, etc.
(FJ) Foreign Judgment: A judgment or order of a court from a different state, a federal court outside Wisconsin, a municipal court of another county, or a tribal court; treated as if ordered by a Wis. circuit court.
(SC) Small Claims: Lawsuits seeking claims of less than $10,000, evictions, and replevin actions (the repossession of property).
(TJ) Transcript of Judgment: Judgment or order from another Wis. circuit court, a Wis. appellate court, a federal court in Wis., or a municipal court in that county; treated as if ordered by the circuit court in the county where it’s filed.
(UC) Unemployment Compensation: Warrant issued by Wis. DWD for an employer’s failure to pay contributions, interest, or fees. Warrant has the same effect as a judgment granted by a court.
(WC) Workers Compensation: Award issued by the Wis. DWD. This award has the same effect as a judgment granted by a court.
Click here to sign up for the free IB ezine — your twice-weekly resource for local business news, analysis, voices, and the names you need to know. If you are not already a subscriber to In Business magazine, be sure to sign up for our monthly print edition here.