Local buildings rewarded for historic value

Madison’s Tenney Building at the corner of East Main and South Pinckney streets on the Capitol Square has found its place on the National Register of Historic Places.

The high-rise office building was completed in 1930 for $1.2 million, according to the Wisconsin State Journal, and is celebrated for being an example of art deco architecture.

Earlier, the Maple Bluff Boy Scout Cabin was added to the same list, while Luther Memorial Church made the state Register of Historic Places for its neo-Gothic revival style.