Introducing IB's Executive of the Year Awards
From the pages of In Business magazine.
This is about the time when we start looking ahead to the new year and reflect on our individual and company performance over the past 12 months. With that in mind, IB would like to highlight your company’s successes and, most importantly, the leadership abilities of a top executive at your company.
In February, we will debut our Executive of the Year Awards, which will recognize area executives based on their leadership, innovation, and company success in 2013. As part of this program, we’ll include a cover story in the February issue of In Business highlighting all of the winners and host an awards event to honor these outstanding executives in person.
Since this will be a self-nominated awards program, we need to hear from you so you can be considered for one of the award categories. A distinguished panel of judges will select the winners.
At this point, you might be asking two big questions:
1. Who is eligible?
To be eligible for an award, you must meet the following criteria and provide the following information when applying:
- Hold a top executive title at your company
- Work for a company headquartered in one of the following counties: Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Rock, or Sauk
- Show quantitative data detailing your contributions to your company’s success in 2013
- Give examples of the strategic initiatives that strengthened the company’s market position in 2013
2. Which categories can I apply for?
IB has established the following categories:
- Executive of the Year — Small Company (50 or fewer employees)
- Executive of the Year — Medium Company (51-200 employees)
- Executive of the Year — Large Company (201+ employees)
- Young Executive of the Year (under 40 years old)
- Executive of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Apply online at IBMadison.com/executiveoftheyear. The Nov. 15 deadline is fast approaching, so I encourage you to nominate yourself or a top exec at your company today! If you have any questions about the application process, please email Jessica Hamm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to sign up for the free IB ezine – your twice-weekly resource for local business news, analysis, voices, and the names you need to know. If you are not already a subscriber to In Business magazine, be sure to sign up for our monthly print edition here.