Dane County invests $7.8 million in affordable housing
Six new housing projects throughout Dane County will receive more than $7.8 million in funding, according to a Wisconsin State Journal report. A total of 557 new affordable units are planned using investments from the Dane County Affordable Housing Development Fund. More than half of the new units — 318 units — will be built in the city of Madison and the remaining 239 units are planned for Middleton, McFarland, and Oregon.
Projects identified for funding are:
- St. John’s Redevelopment in Madison was awarded $2.44 million for 64 units at 322 East Washington Ave.;
- Uno’s Terrace in Madison was awarded $1.01 million to build 25 units at 7601 Mineral Point Road;
- Merchant Place in Madison was awarded $866,801 to provide 124 new units at 6706 and 6714 Odana Road;
- CC Lane in the Village of Oregon was awarded $1.36 million to build 60 units at 831 and 871 Oregon Center Drive;
- Prairie Creek in McFarland will provide 49 units at 5601–5613 Holscher Road; and
- 38Ten Parmenter I & II in Middleton was awarded $1.76 million to build a total of 134 units at 3810 Parmenter St.