Compeer Financial awards $204.6K in general use grants
Compeer Financial’s Fund for Rural America, the Sun Prairie-based farm credit cooperative’s giving program, recently awarded 32 general use grants totaling $204,650 to organizations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois. General use grants fund initiatives and organizations whose work enriches agriculture and rural America, aligning with Compeer Financial’s mission.
These grants will directly impact the lives of 1.2 million people. Forty percent will support agriculture education initiatives, and 24% address food insecurity efforts focused on quality of life.
Wisconsin organizations receiving support from the general use grant program include:
- American Red Cross Wisconsin Region — Purchasing an amicus machine for Madison blood processing center;
- Baraboo Children’s Museum — Tractor exhibit;
- Junior Achievement of Wisconsin Inc. — Classroom materials and digital license fees to bring Junior Achievement programming to rural students in the Compeer Financial territory;
- REAP Food Group — Providing free listings to small, emerging farms and businesses that are BIPOC-owned in the Farm Fresh Atlas of Southern Wisconsin, and hosting educational programming to broaden the demand for local products;
- The Gathering Source Inc. — Replacement of aging freezer and cooler;
- Vernon Economic Development Association — Purchasing local produce and dairy products from small local farms for food pantries and meal sites;
- Vernon Memorial Healthcare Foundation — Purchasing clinic microscopes;
- Indianhead Community Action Agency — Purchasing produce to provide fresh, vitamin rich foods to low-income seniors in their monthly supplemental meal packages;
- Feed My People Food Bank — Purchasing a used stand-up powered forklift; and
- Green County Development Corp. — Green County pop-up shop program.