Community volunteer nominations deadline extended
United Way of Dane County announced it is extending the deadline for its 2022 Community Volunteer Award until 11:59 p.m. on May 13, 2022. The Community Volunteer Awards recognize individuals and groups who do impactful work in Dane County. Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Youth award recipients must be 18 years or younger;
- The nominee’s activities must impact Dane County;
- Activities can include, but are not limited to, serving nonprofits, neighborhood groups, schools, and faith-based organizations;
- Volunteering can include paid time off and reimbursement for expenses;
- Previous nominees and recipients may be nominated again, but recipients of a 2020/2021 award may not be nominated in 2022; and
- The nominee’s activities should have occurred in the previous 12 months, but do not necessarily have to be ongoing.
Award recipients will be announced at the United Way’s Seasons of Caring: Community Kickoff on Aug. 23, 2022.