City seeks input for future of John Nolen Drive
The city of Madison announced the first public information meeting for the upcoming John Nolen Drive reconstruction project will be held Monday, Oct. 4, at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom. The meeting requires advance registration and will be conducted by the city of Madison Engineering Division. It will include general information, a question-and-answer panel with project staff, and break-out sessions. The engineering division is working in collaboration with KL Engineering, EQT By Design, and Urban Assets Consulting on this project. Improvements to John Nolen Drive being considered include:
- Reconstruction of six bridges along the causeway;
- Lane configuration and cross-section changes;
- Expansion of the existing path to separate bike path and pedestrian lanes;
- Shoreline reconstruction along Lake Monona;
- Pedestrian and bike underpass between North Shore Drive and Broom Street;
- Reconstruction of storm sewer;
- Traffic signals and street lighting; and
- Other improvements as determined by the public-involvement process.
The preliminary design phase for the project will run through 2023 followed by the final design phase 2024–2025, and the construction phase in 2026–2027.