August 2019 Court Filings
From the pages of In Business magazine.
Filings for Civil Money Judgments & Claims for Liens
Dane County businesses and employers with total judgments or liens of $1,000 and greater as listed in the August 2019 issue of In Business magazine. Listings include debtor, city, amount, creditor, date, and type of case.
- 2001 Freeport Road Properties LLC, Madison, $10,771, City of Madison, 6/27/2019 (TJ)
- A I R LLC, aka Tantacomm, Middleton, $1,479, DWD, 6/13/2019 (WC)
- Badger Meats LLC, Madison, $1,812, DWD, 6/14/2019 (UC)
- BGS Designs LLC, Brooklyn, $1,038, DWD, 6/12/2019 (UC)
- BJ & Mel’s Sausage Factory LLC, Madison, $1,344, DWD, 6/14/2019 (UC)
- Boaz Bishop LLC, aka Drackenberg’s Cigar Bar, Madison, $2,305, DWD, 6/18/2019 (WC)
- Construction Management Solutions LLC, Fitchburg, $1,040, DWD, 6/13/2019 (UC)
- D Analytics Inc., Madison, $1,196, DWD, 6/10/2019 (UC)
- DUMA LLC, Madison, $2,114, DWD, 6/28/2019 (UC)
- East Winds Condo Owners Association Inc., DeForest, $2,077, City of Madison, 6/27/2019 (TJ)
- General Nutrition Corp., Madison, $7,621, City of Madison, 6/11/2019 (TJ)
- Herb RX LLC, Sun Prairie, $1,369, DWD, 6/19/2019 (UC)
- Hettich, Lavon, aka B & R Veterinary Clinic LLC, DeForest, $1,723, DWD, 6/13/2019 (WC)
- Jessie Crawford Recovery Center Inc., Madison, $2,182, DWD, 6/10/2019 (UC)
- Kanaan Petroleum Group Inc., Madison, $13,846, Eby-Brown Co. LLC, 6/27/2019 (FJ)
- Learnzillion Inc., Madison, $1,322, DWD, 6/10/2019 (UC)
- Madison Granite LLC, Middleton, $2,824, DWD, 6/19/2019 (WC)
- Madison Home Buyers LLC, Fitchburg, $6,953, R&R Renovations LLC, 6/12/2019 (CL)
- Madison Sun Prairie Inc., Sun Prairie, $1,059, DWD, 6/26/2019 (UC)
- Madspotless LLC, Madison, $8,726, DWD, 6/12/2019 (WC)
- McLaughlin, James, aka Emian LLC, Madison, $22,744, DWD, 6/17/2019 (WC)
- MJ & Sons LLC, Cross Plains, $81,434, Bay Building Supplies Inc., 6/4/2019 (CV)
- Mohinder and Sons Inc., dba Fall River Mobile Mart, Verona, $2,355, Eby-Brown Co. LLC, 6/27/2019 (FJ)
- Momma Bears Childcare LLC, Monona, $1,355, DWD, 6/18/2019 (WC)
- Near East Properties LLC, Madison, $11,394, City of Madison, 6/27/2019 (TJ)
- OM Indian Fusion Cuisine LLC, Madison, $2,532, DWD, 6/18/2019 (UC)
- Prairie Learning Academy LLC, Sun Prairie, $43,811, Associated Bank N.A., 6/4/2019 (CV)
- Price Consulting Services Inc., Sun Prairie, $1,235, DWD, 6/12/2019 (WC)
- RCS CPAs WI Ltd., Madison, $1,342, DWD, 6/24/2019 (UC)
- Renewal Painting Inc., Verona, $1,968, DWD, 6/19/2019 (WC)
- Robinia LLC, Madison, $4,804, DWD, 6/26/2019 (UC)
- Roofing Service Repair LLC, Madison, $1,129, DWD, 6/24/2019 (UC)
- Scheib Investment Corp., Madison, $10,141, City of Madison, 6/20/2019 (TJ)
- Simmons, Haywood, aka Phitness Plus, Madison, $2,199, DWD, 6/12/2019 (WC)
- T C Visions Inc., dba Visions Night Club, Madison, $2,233, DWD, 6/18/2019 (WC)
- The Edge @ 706 LLC, Verona, $33,685, Ever Ready Electric Inc., 6/10/2019 (CL)
- Tjader, Michele A., dba Tjader Law, Oregon, $10,401, American Express National Bank, 6/17/2019 (CV)
- Underground Catering LLC, Madison, $1,879, DWD, 6/14/2019 (UC)
- Vin Co., Madison, $1,210, City of Madison, 6/27/2019 (TJ)
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Madison, $21,320, Clean Wisconsin Inc., 6/5/2019 (CV)
- Ziggy’s BBQ Smokehouse LLC, Oregon, $1,059, DWD, 6/13/2019 (UC)
K&K Builders has satisfied UC warrant
In last month’s Court Filings, K&K Builders of Black Earth was listed with an unpaid unemployment compensation warrant, but the amount ($4,628.38) has since been paid in full, along with enough to cover what is owed for the next quarter. The Department of Workforce Development, which is listed as the creditor on the May 29 filing, was a little behind in informing the court system that the warrant has been satisfied in full. As of July 15, the case summary still indicated that the debt had not been satisfied, even though K&K’s check is dated June 28, 2019.
(CL) Construction Lien: Claim on property for non-payment of work that improved the property.
(CV) Civil: Typically, lawsuits seeking claims in excess of $5,000; also such actions as restraining orders, appeals from municipal court and administrative agency decisions, name changes, etc.
(FJ) Foreign Judgment: A judgment or order of a court from a different state, a federal court outside Wisconsin, a municipal court of another county, or a tribal court; treated as if ordered by a Wis. circuit court.
(SC) Small Claims: Lawsuits seeking claims of less than $10,000, evictions, and replevin actions (the repossession of property).
(TJ) Transcript of Judgment: Judgment or order from another Wis. circuit court, a Wis. appellate court, a federal court in Wis., or a municipal court in that county; treated as if ordered by the circuit court in the county where it’s filed.
(UC) Unemployment Compensation: Warrant issued by Wis. DWD for an employer’s failure to pay contributions, interest, or fees. Warrant has the same effect as a judgment granted by a court.
(WC) Workers Compensation: Award issued by the Wis. DWD. This award has the same effect as a judgment granted by a court.
Click here to sign up for the free IB ezine — your twice-weekly resource for local business news, analysis, voices, and the names you need to know. If you are not already a subscriber to In Business magazine, be sure to sign up for our monthly print edition here.