Applications open for Wisconsin Early Stage Symposium
Applications are being accepted now from young companies that want to tell their stories to investors at the annual Wisconsin Early Stage Symposium, planned for an in-person format Nov. 8–9 at Madison’s Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center, according to a recent press release.
The 2023 format includes two pitch opportunities — the Tech Council Investor Networks track with five-minute presentations and the 90-second Elevator Pitch Olympics — as well as “Investor Intros,” which will allow pre-selected companies brief, one-on-one meetings with targeted angel and venture investors.
Student registration discounts will be available. The registration fee includes two breakfasts, two lunches, and a reception. Some young companies will be eligible for conference “scholarships” to help defray registration costs. Early registrants will receive first consideration.
The deadline to apply online is 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 6.
The three company forums include:
- Tech Council Investor Networks Track on Wednesday, Nov. 8;
- Elevator Pitch Olympics on Thursday, Nov. 9; and
- Investor Intros on Thursday, Nov. 9.
Companies may apply for one, two, or all three opportunities.
The conference will also feature:
- National keynote speakers and targeted panel discussions with leading entrepreneurs, investors, and others tied to the tech sector making an impact nationwide;
- The 10th annual “Excellence in Entrepreneurial Education” award presentation and luncheon;
- An exhibit hall showcasing innovative Wisconsin companies; and
- A Nov. 8 conference reception, two luncheons, two breakfasts, and other networking opportunities, including an investors-only dinner.
To learn more about scholarship eligibility or sponsorship information, please reach out to Angela Schlobohm.