October 2016 Court Filings
From the pages of In Business magazine.
Filings for Civil Money Judgments & Claims for Liens
Dane County businesses and employers with total judgments or liens of $1,000 and greater as listed in the October 2016 issue of In Business magazine. Listings include debtor, city, amount, creditor, date, and type of case.
- 5726 N. 39th LLC, Fitchburg, $1,690, City of Milwaukee, 8/1/16 (TJ)
- Anytime Painting LLC, Madison, $3,473, The Sherwin-Williams Co., dba Mautz Paints, 8/31/16 (SC)
- Automated Recycling Products Inc., Stoughton, $29,548, Associated Bank NA, 8/19/16 (CV)
- Capital Technology Group Inc., Fitchburg, $91,668, Avnet Inc., 8/8/16 (CV)
- Duhr, Michael T., dba MTD Landscaping & Snow Removal, Waunakee, $4,095, First Weber Inc., 8/23/16 (SC)
- Larry Roberts Auto Electronic Inc., Stoughton, $3,636, DWD, 8/22/16 (WC)
- Fluidigm Corp., Madison, $1,139, DWD, 8/12/16 (UC)
- Java The Hut Inc. Corp., Sun Prairie, $2,404, Federated Financial Reserve Corp., a division of Federated Capital Corp., 8/5/16 (FJ)
- Johnson, William, dba American Kitchen & Granite Design, Madison, $2,595, Alpine Insulation Co. Inc., 8/22/16 (SC)
- KM Transportation LLC, Sun Prairie, $2,357, DWD, 8/10/16 (UC)
- Lindsay Cory LLC, Cottage Grove, $1,155, DWD, 8/10/16 (UC)
- Montgomery, Kevin A., dba Montgomery Wall & Ceiling, Blue Mounds, $4,573, Hallman/Lindsay Paints Inc., 8/5/16 (SC)
- NONA LLC, Madison, $1,439, Wisconsin Building Supply, 8/31/16 (CL)
- Oneil Concrete & Mudjacking LLC, Madison, $2,467, Hastings Mutual Insurance Co., 8/5/16 (SC)
- Prairie Learning Academy LLC, Madison, $3,440, DWD, 8/1/16 (UC)
- Rural Mutual Insurance, Madison, $15,313, Lester Buildings LLC, 8/11/16 (CV)
- Showers Building Restoration Co., McFarland, $1,251, DWD, 8/15/16 (WC)
- Thomas, Forrest, aka Kipp’s Cuisine LLC, Madison, $1,754, DWD, 8/11/16 (WC)
- Tint Tek LLC, dba Tint Tek Window Tinting, Madison, $5,430, Madison Newspapers Inc., 8/26/16 (SC)
- Unique Arts LLC, Fitchburg, $1,598, DWD, 8/9/16 (UC)
(CL) Construction Lien: Claim on property for non-payment of work that improved the property.
(CV) Civil: Typically, lawsuits seeking claims in excess of $5,000; also such actions as restraining orders, appeals from municipal court and administrative agency decisions, name changes, etc.
(FJ) Foreign Judgment: A judgment or order of a court from a different state, a federal court outside Wisconsin, a municipal court of another county, or a tribal court; treated as if ordered by a Wis. circuit court.
(SC) Small Claims: Lawsuits seeking claims of less than $10,000, evictions, and replevin actions (the repossession of property).
(TJ) Transcript of Judgment: Judgment or order from another Wis. circuit court, a Wis. appellate court, a federal court in Wis., or a municipal court in that county; treated as if ordered by the circuit court in the county where it’s filed.
(UC) Unemployment Compensation: Warrant issued by Wis. DWD for an employer’s failure to pay contributions, interest, or fees. Warrant has the same effect as a judgment granted by a court.
(WC) Workers Compensation: Award issued by the Wis. DWD. This award has the same effect as a judgment granted by a court.
Click here to sign up for the free IB ezine — your twice-weekly resource for local business news, analysis, voices, and the names you need to know. If you are not already a subscriber to In Business magazine, be sure to sign up for our monthly print edition here.