Mobile Doorman opens Madison app technology office
The Chicago-based apartment property technology developer seeks to capitalize on Madison’s top tech talent.
Outside of very large cities — and very upscale apartment buildings — you’re not likely to find many doormen manning apartment building lobbies these days. But Mobile Doorman, a Chicago-based apartment property technology developer, is putting a doorman in every renter’s pocket and opening a new Madison office to spur its app technology division.
Mobile Doorman North, located at 4513 Vernon Blvd., #301 in Madison, will be comprised of the company’s product development, website, and tech-support teams. The Madison office is slated to open Feb. 1, 2019, while the company will maintain its Chicago headquarters.
Mobile Doorman delivers custom-branded, white-label apps for residents to better communicate with their apartment management for services that renters use to define their living experience — like paying rent, making maintenance requests, package delivery, and interacting with other residents — on their mobile device, notes Bob Matteson, co-founder and CEO of Mobile Doorman.
Among the Mobile Doorman app’s features are:
- Streamlined communication: Improve your digital communication with residents using messaging pushed straight to their phones.
- Preferred services: An interactive panel showcasing exclusive promotions from local and national brands.
- Rent payment: A streamlined terminal to access rent payment dashboards, branded to the property.
- Authorized entrants: Give residents the key to register guests and deliveries from their mobile device.
- Maintenance requests: Allow residents to submit, comment on, and view the status of work orders.
- Events and reservations: Residents can RSVP for building events or reserve spaces for personal gatherings.
- Virtual bulletin board: Provide residents a controlled platform to post about upcoming events, services, and items for sale.
- Move in/out inspection forms: Create a digital and trackable record of a resident’s move-in experience.
- Package notifications: Keep residents notified of inbound packages. Integration with national package locker providers available.
“We’re thrilled to strengthen our in-house development team and, in the process, substantially grow Mobile Doorman’s physical footprint in the Midwest,” says Matteson. “Continuing to recruit top tech talent will be crucial for the company’s expansion in multifamily and growth into new business verticals.
“Madison is flourishing as a tech sector, and we’re excited to tap into its abundance of tech talent,” continues Matteson. “Thanks to tech giants like Epic Systems and Zendesk, as well as UW and other nearby colleges, Madison recently ranked No. 14 among the top 20 ‘tech towns’ in the United States in a study from the Computing Technology Industry Association. We believe Madison will only move up on the ranks on being a tech hub and we are committed to helping that happen.”
Mobile Doorman’s in-house technology team comes from Madison-based Ten Forward Consulting, a web and mobile consulting and development agency. Ten Forward has served as consultative partners for the custom app developer since 2014 and built the framework for what the Mobile Doorman product is today. With the tech division now in-house, clients can expect enhanced technical support and a suite of all-new product features in 2019, with no disruption in service during the transition.
“Uniting these two teams under the Mobile Doorman brand will not only provide a reinforced layer of technical support for our clients, but propel the tech behind our suite of custom-branded apps to new heights,” says Brian Samson, Mobile Doorman chief technology officer and founder/president of Ten Forward Consulting.
Samson will oversee Mobile Doorman North. Beginning Feb. 1, the office will house nine full-time Mobile Doorman employees. Over the next two years, the company plans to grow the office to more than 25 full-time employees, Matteson says. Once the transition is completed in February 2019, the remaining Ten Forward Consulting team will continue to operate as usual, with no interruptions in their service to other clients.
As an extension of Mobile Doorman’s Madison opening, the company will be committing to new sponsorships in early 2019 with some of the city’s tech startup and tech competitions, and pledging other resources to the development of the city’s tech and product development sectors throughout the remainder of the year. More information will be announced in 2019.
Click here to sign up for the free IB ezine — your twice-weekly resource for local business news, analysis, voices, and the names you need to know. If you are not already a subscriber to In Business magazine, be sure to sign up for our monthly print edition here.