IBMadison.com’s most-read stories of 2017
Whether it was new businesses, social media advice, or leadership trends, we look back at the stories that most piqued our readers’ interest this year.
It was another busy year for businesses in and around Greater Madison, and even if the year’s biggest Wisconsin business story is still unfolding to the east — we’re talking Foxconn and the possibility of 13,000 new jobs in Racine County — our coverage area still saw a number of new businesses open, old business close, and just a few business scandals to keep things interesting. And, if our most-read blogs are any indication, a lot of professionals are still interested in HR and related legal issues affecting the workplace, as well as how to benefit from social media.
On the eve of a brand new year and all its possibilities, we look back at our top feature articles, photo galleries, Business Report stories, and blogs by page views at IBMadison.com.
Top feature stories
- 40 reasons for optimism
- 40 Under 40: Madison ‘must-dos’ illustrate community cheer
- Don’t quit! Prevent onboarding missteps
- Engaging influences on Madison
- 8 Dane County small businesses doing big things
- End of an air-a: Jet Room owners leave a legacy of good food and great friends
- 7 secrets (that shouldn’t be secrets) to a graceful exit
- 2017 Commercial Design Awards
- Woman helping women
- Blowing up traditional HR
- Meeting the 40 Under 40
- Stoughton Hospital expansion
- Celebrating the Execs of the Year
- Top execs make sweet music
- 7th annual IB Expo & Conference, part 1
- Sparking development
- Honoring powerful women
- Anchors aweigh!
- Family businesses take home honors
- KMA Cares Golf Outing
Top Business Report stories
- Golf Galaxy closes
- New nightclub gets go-ahead for eastside warehouse
- Accountant steals $700k from client businesses
- Local restaurateur attempts arson
- Three local food companies merge
- Granite City Food & Brewery closes
- Investment adviser loses license
- Law firm merger announced
- H&M to open at East Towne
- New Food Fight restaurant planned
Most-read blog posts
- Leadership in an age of disruption
- This sales mistake will leave your prospects uninterested in you and your product
- Must I allow my employees time off when their child’s school is closed?
- 1 social media number no one is talking about
- Millennials, generations, and how we work
- Year-end, tax-smart investing tips
- How badly does my employee have to mess up to be denied UI benefits?
- The 3 pillars of a successful sales team
- Nothing like a high school reunion to put exit planning into perspective
- These 5 lessons will make you rethink how you use LinkedIn
Click here to sign up for the free IB ezine — your twice-weekly resource for local business news, analysis, voices, and the names you need to know. If you are not already a subscriber to In Business magazine, be sure to sign up for our monthly print edition here.