August 2017 Court Filings
From the pages of In Business magazine.
Filings for Civil Money Judgments & Claims for Liens
Dane County businesses and employers with total judgments or liens of $1,000 and greater as listed in the August 2017 issue of In Business magazine. Listings include debtor, city, amount, creditor, date, and type of case.
- 5Y Electric LLC, Madison, $5,927, Graybar Electric Co. Inc., 6/19/17 (SC)
- 608 LLC, Madison, $34,013, State Street Properties I LLC, 6/27/17 (CV)
- 8850 Blackhawk LLC, Madison, $9,317, White Rhino Builders Inc., 6/5/17 (CL)
- A Sakura LLC, Madison, $4,964, The Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corp., 7/5/17 (SC)
- Advanced Centrifugals Ltd., Cambridge, $7,410, Summit Filtration Technology LLC, 6/26/17 (SC)
- Badger Meats LLC, Madison, $1,435, DWD, 6/22/17 (UC)
- Badger State Builders, Sun Prairie, $15,847, Floor Coverings International, 6/28/17 (CL)
- Best Painting Service LLC, Madison, $1,015, DWD, 6/13/17 (UC)
- BJ & Mel’s Sausage Factory LLC, Madison, $1,105, DWD, 6/12/17 (UC)
- BS Treats LLC, Verona, $9,358, Asset Acceptance LLC, 6/21/17 (SC)
- Burgers Plus LLC, dba Safari, Madison, $4,231, Reinhart FoodService LLC, 7/5/17 (SC)
- Customized Medical Staffing LLC, Madison, $3,129, Fairhaven Corp., 6/12/17 (TJ)
- Dale IV Leasing Inc., Mount Horeb, $1,974, DWD, 6/8/17 (UC)
- DOG Training Guru LLC, Madison, $1,413, DWD, 6/9/17 (UC)
- Intellectual Ratchet LLC, Madison, $2,558, DWD, 6/13/17 (UC)
- Jimenez, Antonio, aka Pan & Pan Bakery and Mexican Restaurant, Madison, $1,760, DWD, 6/6/17 (WC)
- Johnson, Bruce, aka Jopraz Restaurants LLC, Sun Prairie, $3,499, DWD, 6/6/17 (WC)
- LIG Madison LLC, Madison, $1,645, DWD, 6/23/17 (UC)
- Moving North LLC, dba The Lazy Oaf Lounge, Madison, $3,064, Broadcast Music Inc., 6/27/17 (SC)
- Numen Ward Inc., Verona, $1,359, DWD, 6/26/17 (UC)
- Old World Painting and Renovations, Madison, $111,795, DWD, 6/19/17 (WC)
- Perkins, Joseph, aka Cold Fusion of Platteville LLC, Madison, $6,458, DWD, 6/6/17 (WC)
- PMM LLC, Madison, $27,562, DWD, 6/30/17 (UC)
- Praznik, Gary, aka Jopraz Restaurants LLC, Sun Prairie, $3,499, DWD, 6/6/17 (WC)
- Robinia LLC, dba Julep, dba The Wine Barolo, dba Black Locust, Madison, $10,334, Neesvig’s Inc., 6/22/17 (SC)
- Robinia LLC, dba Julep, dba The Wine Barolo, dba Black Locust, Madison, $3,135, The Boelter Cos. Inc., 6/22/17 (TJ)
- SASSMITH LLC, Madison, $4,117, DWD, 6/13/17 (UC)
- Schneider, Cory, aka Lindsay Cory LLC, Madison, $9,331, DWD, 6/19/17 (WC)
- Sit Happens LLC, Madison, $1,040, DWD, 6/9/17 (UC)
- Superior Construction Services Inc., Windsor, $2,057, Helping Hands Electric LLC, 6/30/17 (SC)
- Urban Construction Administration Inc., Madison, $109,254, DWD, 6/26/17 (UC)
In July’s Court Filings, information IB received from Wisconsin Circuit Courts incorrectly named Stoughton Rental and Leasing Co. LLC as the debtor and Team Logistics Inc. the creditor in a judgment of $28,078. In fact, the reverse is true. Stoughton Rental is the creditor and Team Logistics the debtor.
(CL) Construction Lien: Claim on property for non-payment of work that improved the property.
(CV) Civil: Typically, lawsuits seeking claims in excess of $5,000; also such actions as restraining orders, appeals from municipal court and administrative agency decisions, name changes, etc.
(FJ) Foreign Judgment: A judgment or order of a court from a different state, a federal court outside Wisconsin, a municipal court of another county, or a tribal court; treated as if ordered by a Wis. circuit court.
(SC) Small Claims: Lawsuits seeking claims of less than $10,000, evictions, and replevin actions (the repossession of property).
(TJ) Transcript of Judgment: Judgment or order from another Wis. circuit court, a Wis. appellate court, a federal court in Wis., or a municipal court in that county; treated as if ordered by the circuit court in the county where it’s filed.
(UC) Unemployment Compensation: Warrant issued by Wis. DWD for an employer’s failure to pay contributions, interest, or fees. Warrant has the same effect as a judgment granted by a court.
(WC) Workers Compensation: Award issued by the Wis. DWD. This award has the same effect as a judgment granted by a court.
Click here to sign up for the free IB ezine — your twice-weekly resource for local business news, analysis, voices, and the names you need to know. If you are not already a subscriber to In Business magazine, be sure to sign up for our monthly print edition here.