Jul 11, 201712:18 PMThe Gray Area
with Donna Gray
What kind of place are you running? Win customers and bring them back
(page 2 of 2)
I called on a business coach to share some good advice on how to win customers and keep them coming back. He suggests the following:
- Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job.
- Don’t make customers wait. Surveys show that customers nowadays expect a quick resolution to their wants and needs. Customers want to be able to easily access information either online, on the phone, or in person.
- Be ready to help. Don’t make customers fend for themselves. Trying to figure out what they’re looking for can be frustrating for a customer, especially online — according to surveys, 45% of customers will abandon an online transaction if they can’t easily find an answer to their question or needs.
- Build trust. Answer phones by the second ring. Be straightforward with all pertinent buying information. Give each customer a personalized experience by totally paying attention to him or her and the transaction.
- Do everything possible to keep customers informed.
- Have empathy, patience, and consistency. Each customer should get an enthusiastic, friendly, knowledgeable team member to help him or her.
Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon, said, “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.”
They know exactly what kind of place they’re running!
Click here to sign up for the free IB ezine — your twice-weekly resource for local business news, analysis, voices, and the names you need to know. If you are not already a subscriber to In Business magazine, be sure to sign up for our monthly print edition here.