Jul 7, 201411:43 AMThe Gray Area
with Donna Gray
6 ways to create loyal customers
(page 2 of 2)
Experts tell us that there are ways to build long-term customer/client relationships, including:
- Become a resource for customers. Share information that pertains to the products they usually buy. Search for options in those product categories so they will have choices.
- Be totally honest. If your company isn’t able to provide what your customers are looking for, help them find a business that can serve their need. Don’t be afraid to lose those customers’ future business. If your company is doing a good job, there should be no worries about that.
- Always meet deadlines. It goes without saying that a brick-and-mortar business could have the edge on delivery of goods and services.
- Eliminate buyer stress. There’s enough stress to go around. Make it easy to shop at your company. Take the hassle out of purchasing the products and services your business can provide.
- Think of your customers as more than customers. Get to know them. Call them by name and listen to what they say to learn more about them and why they need your goods and services.
- Cultivate a partnership that goes beyond the sale.
Never forget a customer … and never let a customer forget your business.
Click here to sign up for the free IB ezine — your twice-weekly resource for local business news, analysis, voices, and the names you need to know. If you are not already a subscriber to In Business magazine, be sure to sign up for our monthly print edition here.