Jesse Sondel, Sondel Family Veterinary Clinic
IB’s Professional of the Week is the premier way to meet Dane County’s professionals. This week features Jesse Sondel, owner and veterinarian, Sondel Family Veterinary Clinic.
1. What are the most challenging and rewarding aspects of your job and why?
I love the personal bonds and relationships I form with my patients and my clients. It was been a joy to make others part of our “family” over the years.
2. Who do you look up to or admire in business and why?
In business, I look up to my uncle Nick Sondel, CEO of Harbour Investments. He had the market insight to start his own company and helped me make the best decision of my career — opening my own clinic.
3. What has been the high point of your career so far?
The high point of my career was opening my own clinic in February 2013. However, it has been all “uphill” from there. I’d like to think the best is yet to come.
4. Thinking back on your career, what advice would you give your 21-year-old self?
I would tell my 21-year-old self to “keep it up!” The plans I laid out then are coming to fruition now.
5. What would you say are the best things about living and working in Dane County?
The best part of Dane County is the people! As a badger, I love the size of our community. We are big enough, yet not “too big.”
6. Do you have any secret talents or abilities that people would be surprised to discover?
As a father of two young kids, my biggest talent is being a good dad. I coach my daughter’s hockey team and enjoy taking the kids swimming, hiking, and biking in my free time. I have always lived by the work hard to play hard motto. I do not plan on giving either up for quite a while.
Click here to sign up for the free IB ezine – your twice-weekly resource for local business news, analysis, voices, and the names you need to know. If you are not already a subscriber to In Business magazine, be sure to sign up for our monthly print edition here.